Oh Fall! I have been patiently waiting for you since summer!
First, let me apologize for not getting a Date Night Adventure post up for October. It’s been a mad house over on our end (super fun and exciting, but super busy all the same) and we weren’t able to get our date night list compiled in time. That being said, we hope you still made time to get out and spend some much needed quality time together!
I do want to mention that since I didn’t get a post up at the beginning of the month, we actually ended up putting it off until the very end of the month. We knew we were waaaaaay over due for a date night, but we totally ended up winging it. When I say “winging it”, I mean a CVS trip to pick up some overdue medicine (which ended with us buying toys for our kiddos) and then a trip to TCBY for frozen yogurt. When we got home we rented a movie off of iTunes, popped some popcorn and started watching the movie, but shortly into the movie our kiddos came back from Grandma’s and we ended up having to turn it off (Jurassic World and toddlers aren’t a good mix). That was it! Nothing glamorous. We didn’t even end up finishing the movie before it expired, but even that small dedicated amount of time was very much worth every second. In fact, the next few days following were so much less stressful and more joyful as a result!
This month we have some fun date night suggestions for you love birds to get out and enjoy the cooler weather and Fall season. We couldn’t be more excited, so lets dig in![wc_row][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”first”]
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
1. Holiday Couple Portraits – Tis the season, as they say, and this seems like the perfect date night adventure to start this month’s list off with! I am positively itching for new photos of my husband and I, but with a big round baby belly those will end up being more of maternity photos than couple portraits so I’m trying very hard to hold off for a bit. But I do want to get real with you and ask a serious question – when is the last time you and your fave someone had professional portraits taken of just the two of you? You would be surprised how much fun a couple portrait session can be, and how it can turn into the best date night! Just imagine for a sec, a perfect excuse to cuddle with your lovey, hold hands, steal a smooth or two and be silly together! Not to mention, all those memories are captured in photographs for you to cherish forever afterwards. Then, after your session (since you are all dolled up anyway) head out for dinner at your favorite local restaurant – or – try a new restaurant you haven’t tried before and make new memories together!
Call up your favorite local photographer and get your couple session booked! We know that Tademy Design and Photography is now booking Fall portraits and just listed the dates they have available on their Facebook page!
2. 3rd Annual Walnut Grove 5K & Nutty Fun Color Run – Get a bit active and participate in this annual 5K benefitting the Episcopal Day School Eagle Fund! There are a lot of activities including a rock wall, music, food and mimosa’s at the model home. Get out and get your sweat on as a team!
When – Saturday, November 7, 2015
Time – 7:30 am – 11:30 am
Where – Walnut Grove – 1450 William Street (Suite 2), Lake Charles, LA 70601
Cost – Pre-registration: 5K – $20 per person; Nutty Fun Color Run (ages 2 and up) – $15 ($60 maximum for a family of 4 or more)
Register – https://runsignup.com/Race/LA/LakeCharles/WalnutGrove5KNuttyFunRun
More information – email@example.com or (337) 656-9602
3. Dual Harp Recital – Okay, on the more air conditioned and relaxing side of date night, we have the McNeese State University Performing Arts Department’s dual harp recital featuring Barbara Belew and McNeese alumna Patricia Horvath! Stop by and enjoy a program including “Suite for Harps,” as well as J.S. Bach, Cesar Franck, Guillaume de Machaut and more! After the show, we highly suggest you follow this date night up with a fancy dinner together out on the town!
When – Sunday, November 8, 2015
Time – 3:00 pm (Curtain)
Where – Tritico Theatre – McNeese State University; 4205 Ryan Street, Lake Charles, LA
Cost – Free
More information – http://www.mcneese.edu/performingarts/performing_arts_calendar
4. Wine and Food Pairing Dinner: McNeese Leisure Learning & The Verandah at Graywood – While we are talking about food, how about a wine and food pairing course? Will Fontenot will select and present wines to pair with Chef Mike Bruney’s special menu prepared just for participants. The menu is listed to include a five course dinner with: Roasted butternut squash bisque, arugula and baby spinach salad with roasted pecans, dried cranberries and feta cheese, beef tenderloin medallions served with steamed asparagus with port wine reduction, seared scallops in a bed of creamed spinach and topped with a white wine cream sauce; venison back strap-bacon wrapped with mushroom shallot sauce and pecan wild rice pilaf – then topped off with cranberry cream cheese crumble pie. Hungry yet?
When – Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Time – 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Where – The Verandah at Graywood – 5851 Gray Market Dr, Lake Charles, LA 70605
Cost – $79
More information – Call Leisure Learning at (337) 475-5616
5. Tenth Avenue North Concert – I absolutely love that Lake Area keeps inviting some great Christian groups to perform! If you haven’t heard Tenth Avenue North yet, one of our favorite songs is “The Struggle” from their album by the same name, and we highly recommend you check it out!
When – Saturday, November 14, 2015
Time – 7:00 pm
Where – Glad Tidings Church – 3400 Texas Street, Lake Charles, LA 70607
Cost – $17 (for a group of 10) to $45
More information – Visit http://www.gladtidingschurch.com or contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
What other date night adventures do you have planned? We can’t wait to see what date night adventures you have this month! Be sure to share your adventures with us in the comments below.